Author Topic: Documentation  (Read 2337 times)

RedBully

• Pro Deluxe
    • View Profile
Documentation
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:18:56 pm »
I'm currently going through a very painful process of upgrading from v2.1.0 to 2.4.1 and better documentation would make my work easier and reduce the amount of support requests I (or others) need to make.

For example, it appears that there is a subtle change to the use of EditModel within the ColumnModel.  My code currently sets the clicksToEdit property on a column by column basis but I don't believe this functionality is supported any longer in v.2.4.1.  It seems that clickToEdit is now only supported in the global editModel.

I checked the forum to see if I could find a note on this change in functionality but could not.  At first, I thought it might be a bug in the paramgrid code so I'd thought I'd check the documentation before posting to the forum.

The documentation for the column model editModel (
http://paramquery.com/pro/api#option-column-editModel)

says:
"it overrides the global editModel properties"

leading one to think that any of the editModel properties can be modified.

However, on inspection of the main editModel help
http://paramquery.com/pro/api#option-editModel

There is a small paragraph near the end of the main block under the invalidClass section that says
"Note that editModel options filterKeys, keyUpDown & saveKey can be overridden in the individual columns (column.editModel)"

This badly placed paragraph is not clear enough.  I spent a lot of time trying to work out why my code had just stopped working correctly when I did my upgrade.

Would you consider changing the documentation to a wiki so that members of the forum can edit and update the documentation to make it better for all.  Naturally, changes would have to be moderated but I think this could really help.

Thanks in advance

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Documentation
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 08:52:22 pm »
Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Changing documentation to wiki or equivalent is being considered, thanks for your feedback and nice suggestion.