Author Topic: Remote filtering and remote paging  (Read 2884 times)

TonyLeech

• Pro Enterprise
    • View Profile
Remote filtering and remote paging
« on: September 14, 2015, 08:22:35 pm »
Is it possible for remote filtering and remote paging combined at the same time?

I have remote filtering working, and independently I have remote paging working.  Now I have combined them the filtering part no longer works.  When I enter text into the filters the 'Loading' progress dialog flashes up but the resulting page is simply unfiltered normal rPP.  There doesn't seem to be a demo combining all the various methods to demonstrate how to stitch all options together, so I'm simply assuming they should all work together if required.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Remote filtering and remote paging
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 03:33:58 pm »
yes it's possible to combine them at the same time.

If you have been using sql queries, then remote filtering is based upon where condition in the sql query and paging is dependent upon limit as shown in the demos.

TonyLeech

• Pro Enterprise
    • View Profile
Re: Remote filtering and remote paging
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 03:37:07 pm »
* UPDATE *

So I found the bug in my PHP.  When trying to combine the two examples of remote filtering and remote paging I had not reverted the paging sql query to a prepared statement needed for the filter parameters.

I'm having difficulty debugging with PQ as it seems to resubmit a 'fresh start' url if things like the remote filter query don't return the correct response straight away.  If I'm right that this is the way PQ works, is there a debugging mode I can use to better see what's going on under the hood?

Thanks

Tony