Author Topic: Horizontal Scrolling with rows of different heights due to text wrapping  (Read 2194 times)

ralph1996

• Pro Ultimate
    • View Profile
I understand wiht the virtual scrolling that the only things rendered are those actually in the view.  The issue I am having with this is that when I have a grid with a horizontal scroll bar and the rows are of varying heights due to wrapped content,  horizontal scrolling either causes more or fewer rows to display depending on the content of the cells or in teh worst case when scrolled all the way to the bottom of the grid, scrolling can cause large blank areas at teh bottom of the grid.

I believe the issue is that since the row height is determined by the tallest cell being rendered the hight of any row changes based on which set of cells in the row are being displayed.

It seems this could be solved if the entire row were bing rendered instead of just those cells in teh view.  Vertical scrolling could still work virtually since the column widths are static across all rows.

Is there any option for forcing full rows to be rendered?  Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you. 

We are really trying to evaluate if the product will work for us and if so will have no hesitation to purchase the Pro Version - we just want to make sure we can iron out the rough edges.

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Horizontal Scrolling with rows of different heights due to text wrapping
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 08:52:52 am »
virtualX: false makes complete rows to be rendered in the view, but that's available only in Pro version.

http://paramquery.com/pro/api#option-virtualX