Author Topic: onTab: 'nextEdit' in editmodel is not working for Row group.  (Read 1722 times)

EPM Solutions

• Pro Ultimate
    • View Profile
onTab: 'nextEdit' in editmodel is not working for Row group.
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:06:05 pm »
onTab: 'nextEdit' in editmodel is not working for Row group.

here we have a requirement, In our grid column-5 and column-7 is editable. If I click tab button on column-5 it will shift to column-7(working fine), if I click tab key column-7th, it will shift to next row column-5.(working fine).

Now the problem is if next row is group header row. then it should not shift to that row , instead it should move to next editable cell of the next rowgroup. But it is not working.

Can you please provide me the solution.

I tried with the customizes in option editorKeyDown, in that I have put for loop inside that i skipped the row header , but if i long press tab key, then it shows error like "Cannot read property 'offsetHeight' of undefined" (for number of 500+ rows), but this for loop works fine if the rows are limited below 100.

Can you please provide me the solution.

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: onTab: 'nextEdit' in editmodel is not working for Row group.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:24:56 pm »
Row grouping is projection of data in the grid and is used for reporting. It can be sorted, filtered, key navigated, etc but editing of row grouping doesn't make sense and it might not work correctly.

So please turn off the row grouping whenever the user wants to make changes and turn it back on after user is done making changes.

All the editing related API like tracking changes, transaction history, editModel.onTab : 'nextEdit', etc are tested with actual data of the grid and not with projection view like row grouping/ pivot.