Author Topic: 'colModel' is null or not an object problem  (Read 4758 times)

noctrona

• Pro Enterprise
    • View Profile
'colModel' is null or not an object problem
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:38:18 pm »
Hi team,

I have a problem when I run my page with paramquery2.1.0 on IE 8.
The error info is
"'length' is null or not an object"  pggrid.min.js, line 112 character 230
'colModel' is null or not an object
 'this.$grid_inner.0' is null or not an object pggrid.min.js, line 107 character 483

And there are many js codes in my code, so for the moment I don't know why this happened? It looks when the grid initialed, there are some contents don't have values.

Thank you!

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 'colModel' is null or not an object problem
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:57:09 pm »
When you come across any unexpected error, please use pqgrid.dev.js to find out the stack trace.

noctrona

• Pro Enterprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:01 pm »
When you come across any unexpected error, please use pqgrid.dev.js to find out the stack trace.

Hi,

Could you tell me how to use this js to track problem? Shoud I debug this on IE?

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:05 pm »
min version of js is minified file and doesn't provide much useful information as to the cause of error. You could use console of any modern browser e.g., firefox, Chrome or IE to gather the stack trace of the error.

Stack Trace is a list of method calls from the point when the application was started to the point where the exception was thrown.

You could simply include pqgrid.dev.js instead of pqgrid.min.js in the header section of your web page without changing anything else or you could also provide a reproducible test case.