Author Topic: Frozen Rows not working properly  (Read 3685 times)

Sunny

• Pro Enterprise
    • View Profile
Frozen Rows not working properly
« on: August 12, 2015, 09:24:46 pm »
Hi,

In one of your demo for frozen rows: http://paramquery.com/pro/demos/freeze_rows, you had the drop-down values for frozen rows up to 8 and it works great.

I edited code to have drop-down values  up to 20, scrolled down the grid and selected 14 in drop-down to freeze. Freeze row doesn't work, and vertical scroll bar doesn't let us scroll down to see the rows.

Please advice.

Thanks.

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Rows not working properly
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 01:01:53 am »
It is expected. By definition, frozen rows can't be scrolled which implies the total height of frozen rows should be less than the height of viewport.

So if you need 14 frozen rows, then you have to increase the height of grid accordingly.

Sunny

• Pro Enterprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 12:22:46 am »
Actually I am trying to implement 'Freeze(unFreeze pane)', just similar to what we have in Excel. When we select cell, click on FreezePane, it will freeze top rows and left-side columns up to that cell.

I tried the same thing in grid, when user selects cell and click on 'Freeze Pane' button in toolbar, it freeze the rows and columns up to the selected cell. This works great up to the rows that match to the height of the grid, and doesn't work when I scroll down further in grid. Is there a way to fix this ?

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:14:36 pm »
Currently the frozen rows and columns are supported only to the point where unfrozen panes are visible in the viewport.

I would suggest to put a limit in your code and don't allow the user to freeze the rows or columns beyond that point.