Author Topic: PQGrid resize problem when beneath fixed position element  (Read 2824 times)

lucafik

• Pro Deluxe
    • View Profile
PQGrid resize problem when beneath fixed position element
« on: October 14, 2015, 02:12:34 pm »
I have a problem that PQGrid is resizable even when its beneath an overlay. In the attachment, you can see a dialog with overlay over whole page. Overlay has fixed position with 100% width and height.

Please take a look at the attachment. I am trying make a text selection inside an input element, which is in a form in an iframe on top of PQGrid, but instead of selecting text, columns of PQGrid start to resize.

I have tried setting resizable to false when dialog opens, but I can still resize the columns.
Code: [Select]
$( "#container_grid_UserDataGrid" ).pqGrid( "option", "resizable", false );
PQGrid version 2.3.0. It would be good if I could stay on that version, because we have already made some fixes and I am afraid they might not work if I upgrade to newer version of PQGrid.

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PQGrid resize problem when beneath fixed position element
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:08:09 pm »
I have tried setting resizable to false when dialog opens, but I can still resize the columns.

$( "#container_grid_UserDataGrid" ).pqGrid( "option", "resizable", false );

The above makes the grid unresizable, not the columns which seems to be the problem from the screenshot, but anyway you don't need to do it..

Please add this css rule:

Code: [Select]
.pq-grid {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 0;
}

If resizable handles of columns still bleed through, then try to set z-index of the overlay greater than 0.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:11:50 pm by paramquery »

lucafik

• Pro Deluxe
    • View Profile
Re: PQGrid resize problem when beneath fixed position element
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 08:30:13 pm »
oh, that was simple.

thanks a lot!