Author Topic: Support for multicolumn autocomplete input  (Read 2145 times)

francis6425

• Pro Deluxe
    • View Profile
Support for multicolumn autocomplete input
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:04:24 pm »
Hi,

I've spend a full day trying to implement a multicolumn autocolumn editor inside the grid which extends the autocomplete widget and get it to work properly.
The extension widget can be found in
http://www.jqueryscript.net/download/Multicolumn-Autocomplete-Control-with-jQuery-jQuery-UI.zip

If after typing or selecting the item from the autocomplete dropdown list, and press enter or tab key to move to next cell, there is no problem. But if we click on any other cell or outside the grid, the editor will still remain and give an error.
"cannot call methods on autocomplete prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'widget'"

I've found that it is due to following line inside the pqgrid.min.js
else if(h.hasClass("ui-autocomplete-input")){if(h.autocomplete("widget").is(":visible"))return}

To bypass this issue, I've resorted to remove the original class "ui-autocomplete-input" and add the class "ui-mcautocomplete-input" instead so that it will not be affected by the above line of code.

Just wanted to inquire if there is any problem by doing so ? What will happen if the autocomplete is still visible and lost focus ?