Author Topic: Can I use pqgrid on the production environment?  (Read 5366 times)

nghiemhd

• View Profile
Can I use pqgrid on the production environment?
« on: October 08, 2013, 09:14:26 am »
Hi pqgrid team,

I'm developing the system for my company. We are using asp.net gridview, now I want to replace all asp.net gridview to pqgrid for the performance. But I don't know whether I can use pqgrid on the production environment. I have read about GPL v3 license in wiki but I'm still not sure about this.

Thanks and regards,
Nghiem Hoang

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use pqgrid on the production environment?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 09:08:31 am »
Nghiem Hoang

Sorry for late reply.

You can use pqgrid (base version) in Production as long as you include a copy of GPL license and provide the source code of your system to YOUR company. I don't see any problem in that if you an employee of YOUR company.

YOUR company can use the system whatever way it wants.

However if YOUR company redistributes or sells your system to other companies, YOUR company has to do the same i.e it has to include GPL license and provide source code of the system to those other companies.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:41:13 am by paramquery »

nghiemhd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 12:41:34 pm »
Thank you very much for replying.

MrBaseball34

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:58:24 am »
<SNIP>
You can use pqgrid (base version) in Production as long as you include a copy of GPL license and provide the source code of your system to the company. I don't see any problem in that if you an employee of that company.
<SNIP>

You mean I have to provide source code of my website to YOUR company if I use this grid on a production site?

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 12:43:58 am »
MrBaseball34

I've capitalized all YOUR instances in the reply. I hope it answers your question.