Author Topic: ipad keyboard  (Read 3160 times)

elearnster

• Pro Economy
    • View Profile
ipad keyboard
« on: June 08, 2015, 12:39:32 pm »
I really appreciate PQ Grid api and need to upgrade my version (I am on V2.1.0) which I will do this week.  The basic functionality of the iPad keyboard works well.  I especially like the 'return' key which  moves through the cells without closing the keyboard.  However, when you use 'pressToEdit' and touch a new cell for editing, it open nicely.  However, when you touch another cell to edit, the iPad closes the keyboard and quickly opens it again (A behavior that will annoy our user base).  Is there anyway within PQ Grid to keep the keyboard open as the user touches on selected cells (simulating the return key behavior but allowing the user to pick and choose the order of the editing.).

Thanks in advance.
eLearnster

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ipad keyboard
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:33:26 pm »
eLearnster

Currently there is no way to prevent closure of keyboard when focus moves from one cell editor to another editor in iPad.

But thanks for your feedback, it would be looked into and would be fixed if any workaround is found.

elearnster

• Pro Economy
    • View Profile
Re: ipad keyboard
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.  One suggestion is to add an option that will allow the return key to move through the cells by row as well as column.  This additional feature would get around the iPad keyboard not having up and down arrow keys and solve much of the problem.  On a positive note, by using your attribute feature, you can set 'type=number' and have the iPad keyboard come up with the numlock on!
eLearnster