Author Topic: Cell Merging issue  (Read 2677 times)

Stephanie Laurent

• Pro Deluxe
    • View Profile
Cell Merging issue
« on: August 11, 2015, 03:34:55 pm »
Hi

I am busy working on a cell merging issue we have currently. We have a requirement whereby any valid Excel merged cells should be reflected in the paramQuery grid as well. For most part I could get the merging to work accept for instances where there are multiple merged cells on a particular row. It seems like if you add a colspan on a specific cell in a row and you have more colspans/rowspans on the same row they shift by the value of the colspan. If you look at my attached example the is an object 'cellattr3' which contains to merges. If I make the colspan on 'Quantity' 2 or more then the other merge shifts by that much as well. In this case the second merge should start on 'OrderID' but because the first colspan is 2 the second merge only start on the 'ShipAddress' column.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Merging issue
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »
If a cell has a colspan more than 1 then the adjacent cells to the right ought to have style: "display:none" as in this demo

http://paramquery.com/pro/demos/merge_colspan. Company has colspan = "2" and adjacent rank cell is hidden.

Similarly if a cell has rowspan, then the adjacent cells to the bottom should be hidden by style: "display:none"

Stephanie Laurent

• Pro Deluxe
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Merging issue
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 07:24:54 pm »
Thanks for the help!