Author Topic: Evaluation copy version  (Read 2431 times)

ralph1996

• Pro Ultimate
    • View Profile
Evaluation copy version
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:52:33 pm »
I am using the evaluation copy of ParamQuery and am finding some issues with the checkBoxSelect column.  I can get it to display - but checking the boxes do not select.

However if I link to your CDN http://paramquery.com/pro2/Content/js/pqgrid.min.js like you use in your jsFiddle examples it works correctly.

So I am wondering what version is the evaluation version (It states no version number in the js file).  I see the CDN is version 2.4.1.  I want top make sure I am using the correct version of the documentation.

The following jsFiddle code does not work with the evaluation copy of the library:

http://jsfiddle.net/b6b710mz/123/

ralph1996

• Pro Ultimate
    • View Profile
Re: Evaluation copy version
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 02:51:38 am »
As a follow up I am noticing differing behaviors in different situations. 

I have published code to a QA server for others in the company to evaluate and the behavior of the grid with the evaluation version of the library is different on the server.  For example the column headers do not line up with the columns, the checkboxes actually do work.  Where as on my local machine the columns are lined up properly however the checkboxes do not work.

If I change my local copy to point to the CDN (2.4.1) on your site everything works great.  However if I change the server to point to your CDN the horizontal scroll only scrolls the header and not the columns.

I know this is a bit disjointed, but in order to make a realistic evaluation I need to know hw the actual PRO version will work.  We like the library quite a bit and if we can work out these kinks would definitely purchase a license.

Also the documentation is a bit confusing having API version 2.x, 3.2 and 3.3.  It is not clear which of these should be used with the evaluation version.

Thank you

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Evaluation copy version
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:14:57 am »
2.4.1 is an older version.

The one you have downloaded is the trial of recent version 3.3 You need to follow documentation and examples for 3.3 only.

If you are upgrading from an older version, then you also need to read through the upgrade guides.

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:18:06 am by paramquery »