Author Topic: cellClick event not firing on checkbox in Internet Explorer  (Read 5281 times)

ralph1996

• Pro Ultimate
    • View Profile
cellClick event not firing on checkbox in Internet Explorer
« on: October 01, 2016, 12:37:23 am »
Using ParamQuery Pro Evaluation in Internet Explorer 11 clicking on a checkbox (cb select:true) does not fire the cellCLick event.  The event is fired in Chrome.  We want to use the cellClick event to get the shift/ctrl/alt key modifiers when the checkbox is checked.  The beforeCheck does not have these defined but if we can capture the cellCLick prior to the beforeCheck event we can get them.

Here is a jsFiddle that demonstrates the issue.  Again this works in Chrome and FireFox but not IE. 
http://jsfiddle.net/gmrd5vnb/1/

ralph1996

• Pro Ultimate
    • View Profile
Re: cellClick event not firing on checkbox in Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 12:58:22 am »
Hi, Was hoping to get an update on this. This is more or less the last thing preventing us from purchasing the product.  All the other things we need I think we can work around, but we need this functionality consistent for all browsers.

Thank you

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 03:36:12 pm »
Due to different browser implementations of checkbox and normalization of its behavior by pqGrid for beforeCheck, check events,
, click event on pqGrid's checkbox columns in IE can't be provided.

Click event can be used on checkbox created in render callback: http://jsfiddle.net/9cx1xsut/1/

checkbox can have only 3 states: checked, unchecked and undefined(indeterminate). If you need modifier key information while click on a checkbox, probably you need to rethink the need for a checkbox and use some other column.

ralph1996

• Pro Ultimate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 09:07:43 pm »
It is not that we need a different behavior of the checkbox states themselves, it has to do with checkbox selection.  Our current application allows the user to shift click on a row selection checkbox to extend the selection from the last checked box to the one checked.  So all checkboxes between are either checked or unchecked as necessary. Your grid does not provide this ability by default so we want to recreate it as our users are used to the functionality and use it often.

I will see if I can work around this using the render event callback to trap the click event.

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 08:04:32 pm »
I see your point. It would be more convenient if key modifiers are made available in beforeCheck, check events.

It would be worked upon in the upcoming upgrade versions.