Author Topic: columns not resizing when minwidth or width is specified  (Read 1729 times)

peterchaim

• Pro Enterprise
    • View Profile
columns not resizing when minwidth or width is specified
« on: August 19, 2017, 01:54:42 am »

Hi Paramvir thanks for your help so far, I'm making good progress!

I'm struggling with column width. If I specify the minwidth or width attributes in the colModel, then the column is no longer resizable. Adding resizable: true does not help. Adding flexWidth on the grid level seems to ignore all the settings and I start out with a very narrow grid that does not show the values fully.

Instead of resizing, the columns move to new relative locations -- that is a feature I do not need.

I'm also having some trouble with the height attribute -- I set it to 100% but it is not using all of the height in the containing panel.

Thanks again for your help - enjoy your weekend!

Thanks,
Peter, Steward Health Care

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: columns not resizing when minwidth or width is specified
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 12:22:44 pm »
Peter

I'm struggling with column width. If I specify the minwidth or width attributes in the colModel, then the column is no longer resizable. Adding resizable: true does not help. Adding flexWidth on the grid level seems to ignore all the settings and I start out with a very narrow grid that does not show the values fully.

Have you specified the column width in %. If so the columns can't be resized independently.

Instead of resizing, the columns move to new relative locations -- that is a feature I do not need.

Haven't experience such issue.
Please share a jsfidde and steps to reproduce the issue. This http://jsfiddle.net/0wgs1orb/ can be taken as starting point.

I'm also having some trouble with the height attribute -- I set it to 100% but it is not using all of the height in the containing panel.

It works fine. Please check this: http://jsfiddle.net/1hy93bjy/ If it's not working for you, please share a jsfiddle.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 12:41:56 pm by paramquery »

CharlestonGeek

• Pro Ultimate
  • Christopher Hutner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 10:59:55 pm »
We are seeing this issue with columns where the width is set to a percent %.

We tested with version 7.1.0 and 8.2.1.

paramvir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 05:45:50 am »
It doesn't make sense to resize the columns independently of the grid if their width is specified in %. You have to resize the whole grid to resize % width columns
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:55:20 am by paramvir »